Established in 1851 by the Christian Brothers, the present school was built in 1953. Prior to this it shared a campus with the CBS Secondary School and still shares with it strong educational, cultural, sporting and social ties.
The school is part of the Edmund Rice School Trust and aspires to the 5 key elements of an Edmund Rice School:
As a school community we:
- Respect the dignity and value of each individual.
- Foster self- esteem and a spirit of mutual respect.
- Show sensitivity to the needs and particular circumstances of the pupils.
- Develop the whole person – physically, intellectually, socially, morally, spiritually and psychologically to full potential in a caring atmosphere.
- Work with parents and the local community as partners – supporting and collaborating with each other in leading the pupils to their full potential.
The school is very well resourced and has the following facilities:
- Two playing pitches.
- Junior pitch.
- School library/IT Room.
- Art Room.
- IT facilities in each classroom.
- Environmentally friendly school garden.
“Mol an Oige agus tiocfaidh si”